No this isn’t a fiction piece… I really have been showered with compliments in the wake of the AtoZ Challenge.
I’m really feel honoured and a little bit ‘scarleh’ as they say in Dublin
I was mentioned in two reflections posts and was nominated for the Liebster award 3 times! *blushes
So I hope the three folk who nominated me won’t mind if I combine all three into one response.
Thank you so much Bethie at CreativeWordlenik, Ruby at rubywilber.com and Madeline at Reincarnated as a Writer
The rules seem to vary from blog to blog… so I’ll do my version of them…
I’ll give 11 random facts about me
I’ll answer 9 questions – I’ll pick n mix 3 from each of the 3 nominations
I’ll nominate 11 bloggers to receive the award (it varies as to how many followers they should have so I’m not going to worry about that 😀 )
I’ll ask my nominees 11 questions of my own but they can answer as few or as many as they like – Hey! it’s my award – I can do what I like right?!
So 11 facts about me…
- I struggle to say certain words… including cannelloni, manila and circuitous (I can’t get beyond ‘sircutious’)
- When I was a hairdresser in Dublin I cut one of the All Black’s hair then went to New Zealand to work for 3 months and met no one famous
- I am rubbish with numbers I literally cannot hold a number in my head if I don’t write it down it’s gone… even one digit!
- But… I can make up a verse of a song or a short limerick in less than a minute
- I love to sing and play the guitar, I also play the violin, but not very well
- I have 27 nieces and nephews and a whole tribe of grand nieces and nephews but sadly no children of my own
- Though I’ve been blogging for about 6 years, I’ve only been writing fiction for about a year. I’m happy with my progress tho
- In company I’m usually fairly confident then I go home and stress about all the stupid things I said and did
- My dream is to sing on stage with a full orchestra behind me and a full audience in front of me
- I hate pink, don’t like to wear it or have it in my home – won’t even drink from a mug with pink on it.
- Every gold fish and pot plant I’ve ever owned has died from neglect
- God is the strength of my heart and my portion for ever
3 of Bethie’s questions
What did you do on your favorite birthday?
It was last year. I was 40 and had an 80s discos where everyone came dressed in 80’s gear – more illuminous pink than you could shake a stick at
If it were possible, would you be taller or shorter than you are now?
I’d be narrower 🙂
What fictional character would be a good leader for your country? Why?
I love to give President Bartlet from the West Wing a try. The fictional character as portrayed by Martin Sheen is a great balance of faith, realism and humour.
3 of Ruby’s questions
What household chore do you loathe?
Cleaning the bathroom – no further comment!
What skill or talent would you like to have?
I’d love to more organised. I’m a bit all over the place and often leave stuff til the last minute (even though I work well under pressure)
What is your mother’s favorite song?
She used to sing a beautiful song called, ‘May you always walk in sunshine.’
3 of Madeline’s questions
How much was your first pay-packet for, and what was the job?
£17.50 Irish pounds for a week’s work in a hairdressing salon as a junior
Which emotion do you feel the most easily/most often? Do you enjoy it?
Not sure what the name of the emotion is but it’s usually…. arrgghhhh why am I such an eejit!? and no… I don’t enjoy it!
Has anything out-of-the-ordinary wonderful ever happened to you? Can you tell us about it?
I had a cornea transplant years ago and a year afterwards I got a letter from my donor’s mom in the US. We’re now in regular contact and hope to meet face to face one day. It’s a wonderful friendship 🙂
My new AtoZ friends at Sumptuous Living and 1 Hundred Works gave me a lovely mention in their reflections posts so they are my first two nominations for the Liebster Award!
and the other 9 are some of the many blogs I found and loved during the Challenge?
And the questions for my nominees
- Tell us one thing you learned from the AtoZ Challenge.
- Do you like your name? If not what would you change it too?
- Do you write to music or do you prefer to write in silence?
- Apart from the computer, what can you see in front of you?
- How did you choose the name for your blog?
- What makes you laugh?
- Would you like to share your Facebook page or Twitter handle?
- What was your first ever blog post about?
- Who was the most influential adult when you were growing up?
- If you could have an all expenses paid holiday anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- I love to write limericks and short poems – can you write the last line of this one please….
I did the AtoZ
Oh yeay and whoop for me
While others were joggin
I was bloggin